Tuesday, December 27, 2011

some-ping

Although three year-old Ben's language still lags far behind his peers, he has been making big strides in the past several months.  Occasionally, he catches us off guard with a word we didn't know he knew, or a phrase we've never heard before.  It usually has one of two results:  excitement or laughter.

Last night was another example (of the laughter variety).  We all went out to do a little shopping for things for the new part of the house, and we were going to grab a few sandwiches at Chick-Fil-A (none of us have ever eaten there before).  As we drove into the parking lot, we could see the restaurant was very crowded, had a play area, and looked like an environment that would tax Benny's behaviour.  Since we weren't going to be out much longer, we decided, instead, to just pick up a pizza on the way home.  Everyone understood the decision, except Benny, whose belly was telling him it needed food and drink.

The conversation went something like this:
Ben: "Noach!" (his word for "milk")

Jen:  "I don't have any, we'll get you some when we get home."

Ben: "Juice!"

Jen:  "I don't have any of that either... we'll be home soon."

Ben:  "Grrrrrrr!"
Ben:  "Fwies!"  (fries)

Jen:  "We're going to have some pizza when we get home."

Ben: "Noach!"

Jen:  "I don't have any milk, buddy."

Ben:  "I NEED... SOME-PING!"
Laughter ensued!

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, it's those little things that make the biggest impact on us parents, huh?!?!

    It's also amazing what a little (shared) laughter can do to lift EVERYONE'S spirits!!

    (BTW - I too have never had a Chick-Fil-A - Come to think of it, I don't think we even have one around here...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... I have not seen your "favicon" in my address bar before...

    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FoF-- I think Chick-Fil-A's are bigger in the south, but we have some around here. A lot of people really like them, so we thought we'd give it a try.

    I noticed your favicon a while back, and wondered how you did that. You always seems slightly ahead of me on the technology curve. I stumbled onto it one day when I was making a few small tweaks. It actually says "Backside of", not "Speed Limit", but it's too small to read!

    ReplyDelete