Saturday, October 9, 2010

ahhh...saturday

Saturday is a good day to shop for a car.  I, therefore, have worked every Saturday since beginning my current job.  However, since I'm coming up on 6 months of employment, I figured I was due to ask for a Saturday off.  And, I did just that.

I originally took it off because my extended family had an annual fall hayride and weenie roast today.  We planned to go.  The weather was great.  But, life is generally busy, Benny had a slight fever yesterday, and we were just in the mood to spend a beautiful Saturday closer to home.

Since Jen wanted Benny to get a good nap this afternoon, and Lily was on the whiny side around lunchtime, I decided to spend some needed quality time with my two oldest sons in the afternoon.  I asked them what they wanted to do (outside), and, of course they couldn't choose the same activity.  Dylan has been bugging me to take him fishing for months, so he, naturally, requested fishing.  I don't really fish, but he likes it LOVES it.  Zach fishes a little, but he's not crazy about it.  He chose hiking.  So, we did a little of both.

The leaves were starting to get colorful at a state park near our home.

Silly boys...

Sillier boys...

Come on guys, give me a decent picture!

trail time

My boys are getting big

And, we finished the afternoon fishing at a friend's stocked pond.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys found the perfect way to spend for first Saturday off in a long while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a WONDERFUL day...

    But...

    I gotta ask... Is fishing in a stocked pond really "fishing"?? (tee-hee-hee).

    Ever heard of "GeoCaching"?? I suspect your boys may just LOVE it!! They are the prime age, and it's tons of fun for the grownups too!!

    ReplyDelete